Office of the Town ClerkFor more election and voting information please check the voting & election information page.
- Often considered the gateway to local government and the community, the Office of the Town Clerk serves as the central information point for residents and visitors alike.
- The Town Clerk is the chief election official, recording official, registrar of vital records, public records official, and licensing officer.
- The Town Clerk oversees the polling places and the conduct of all elections and election-related activity, and records all actions of town meetings.
- The Clerk’s Office maintains the Town By-Laws and Town Charter, the official town bulletin board, oaths of office, appointments and resignations of all town officials.
- The Clerk’s Office issues state licenses and permits, including marriage licenses, business certificates and renewals, dog licenses, raffle / bazaar permits and certified requests for public documents.
- The Clerk and staff are commissioners to qualify public officers and also respond to inquiries from the public as well as from other departments, boards and committees.