Natick curbside recycling is split into green and blue neighborhoods. The color of your recycling cart will indicate which neighborhood you live in. The pickup schedule for each color can be found here
All recyclable material must be placed in approved Recycling carts for pick-up or it will NOT be picked up
. Recycling carts (purchasing info below) must be placed curbside no later than 7:00 AM on the same day as your trash collection day. Place totes curbside with the open end facing out, lid closed. There must be three feet of clearance on both sides and nine feet clearance above.Purchasing Recycling CartsAdditional recycling cart are available for purchase. Colors are blue or green and will depend on the neighborhood you live in. DPW will tell you your color.
Contact DPW for more information.Curbside recycling is single-stream, which means paper and other recyclables can be placed in the same container. Items Collected
- 64 gallon tote cost $50.00
- 96 gallon tote cost $60.00
- DPW will deliver free of charge
- Paper: Newspaper, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, office paper, phone-books, gift wrap (no foil wrap) and soft covered books
- Waxed containers (such as juice and milk cartons)
- Cardboard: Boxes and corrugated cardboard, flattened and cut up to it in tote
- Glass: bottles and jars
- Steel/Tin: all cans bottle caps and lids
- Aluminum: cans, foil, pie plates and food trays
- All plastics numbered 1 to 7 (except Styrofoam). look for the 1 to 7 symbols.
Recyclables in barrels, bins or other containers will NOT be picked-up. NEVER put recyclables in plastic bags - paper bags are acceptable then placed in recycle cart.
All these items are also collected at the Recycling Center
, which is open to all Natick residents, during regular hours of operation. Did you know?
Massachusetts law prohibits the disposal of the following items in your trash:
- Paper and cardboard
- Bottles and cans
- Leaves and yard waste
- Car batteries
- TV and computers
- Large home appliances
Be sure to keep these items out of your trash and into your recycling cart or bring to the Recycling Center.