Commercial Plan Review
Any work requiring permitting from 780 CMR and/or the IBC that includes:
- New or substantially altered fire alarm systems
- Relocation of devices that involve egress changes or the addition of walls that will require additional devices
- Changes in the sequence of operation
- New or substantially modified (relocation of 20 or more sprinklers) sprinkler systems
- Overhead gas station suppression
- Custom-engineered hood suppression systems
- Or other complex fire protection systems
- If egresses are impacted in any manner, then a plan to overcome the impairment shall be submitted as part of the package and reviewed by a third party.
The Fire Department review and approval are for work involving any of the following:
- 780 CMR Chapter 4 (Special Detailed Requirements Based on Use and Occupancy)
- Chapter 9 (Fire Protection Systems)
- Chapter 34 (Existing Structures).
An IEBC study shall be included in the submittal.
Should the plans fit into any of the above categories, they shall be reviewed by an approved third-party firm from the list below. The cost for review will be borne by the submitting firm (per 527 CMR 1.00, Section 18.104.22.168). The cost is set by the reviewing firm.
Third Party Reviewers
This list is in no particular order.
Code Red Consultants, LLC
All emailed inquires and documentation will receive a response within 24 hours
Email: Carson Cook, PEOne Research Drive, Suite 305C,
Westborough, MA 01581
JS Consulting Engineers, PLLC
Email: Alex Browning, PE224 Main Street, Suite 2C,
Salem, NH 03079
Submittals must be in accordance with the language below and be found to be satisfactory to the reviewing party. Incomplete submittals are subject to rejection and delays in permitting.