Please note that all dates are approximate and are subject to change. This information will be updated periodically.
Construction updates – 12/9/2019
- Route 9 bridge demolition began on December 2. Work will be on a Sunday-Thursday schedule between 10PM and 5AM. Anticipate changing traffic patterns while work is underway.
- Route 9 is scheduled to be closed in both directions from 10 PM on Thursday, December 12 until 5 AM on Friday, December 13 (weather depending) between Speen Street and Route 27. There will be no access to businesses from Route 9 during this closure. Detours will be in effect: please refer to this map.
- Route 30 bridge construction is underway, but is likely to be paused during the winter.
- Route 30 roadwork construction from the TJX entrance to Speen Street is substantially complete.
- Utility relocations are still underway.
- The Framingham CRT bench, kiosk, and pathway immediately north of Route 30 is currently closed to the public.
- Pathway construction is expected to begin late Spring 2020.
- The trail is closed for the balance of construction, which will include Route 9 bridge demolition and removal of the existing abutments starting December 2019. This work will involve occasional detours on Route 9.
Project Updates – 9/25/2019
- The CRT in Natick is closed to the public for the duration of construction for public safety. This is a change of plans, made necessary because of the continued use of the trail by the public during construction and clearing. In addition, the project team has determined that following tree clearing, the trail is not safe for public use.
- For your safety, do not use the CRT until it is re-opened to the public.
- On Friday, July 19, MassDOT held a groundbreaking ceremony for the Natick CRT project and to announce the final State Bicycle and Pedestrian Transportation Plans. See MassDOT blog.
- Signs and barriers are in place to alert the public.
- Public access is prohibited from Willow Street to the Natick Center MBTA Station.
- A construction contract has been awarded by MassDOT to MAS Building and Bridge, and they along with several subcontractors have begun work.
- All work will be conducted within the right of way owned by the Town, or on land subject to easements and access agreements.
- Construction is underway, and is scheduled to be completed by early 2021.
- Construction is funded with 80% federal and 20% state funding.
- The Town of Natick acquired the right of way from CSX Transportation in 2016, and temporary and permanent easements were acquired in 2018.
- The Town will be developing maintenance, oversight, safety and parking plans prior to the completion of construction.
- The Town will be working with MassDOT on planning for a connection from Willow Street to the new Natick Center MBTA Station, to be constructed after the MBTA Station is completed.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.