Please note that all dates are approximate and are subject to change. This information will be updated periodically.
Construction updates – 5/27/2020
- All MassDOT projects are proceeding under the COVID-19 guidelines and procedures for construction sites and workers at all public work.
- Route 30 bridge approach construction is proceeding.
- Route 30 utility work is complete.
- Route 30 bridge decks will be prepped in early June.
- Erection of the Route 30 bridges is anticipated in July.
- Tie-in of a new 18" water main along Route 9 is expected in May/June.
- Route 9 bridge footings are complete; bridge supports are under construction
- Route 9 roadway improvements are anticipated in July.
- Erection of the Route 9 bridges is anticipated in late August.
- Pathway sub-base is installed north of Route 9; asphalt paving and preparation of scenic overlooks will begin in June.
- Pathway sub-based south of Route 9 will be underway in June.
- Pathway finish work is anticipated in September/October.
- The Framingham CRT bench, kiosk, and pathway immediately north of Route 30 is currently closed to the public.
- The Natick section of the trail is officially closed for the balance of construction.
Project Updates – 5/27/2019
- The CRT in Natick is closed to the public for the duration of construction for public safety. This is a change of plans, made necessary because of the continued use of the trail by the public during construction and clearing. In addition, the project team has determined that following tree clearing, the trail is not safe for public use.
- For your safety, do not use the CRT until it is re-opened to the public.
- The Natick section of the CRT will terminate in the area of Mechanic Street and Whitney Field, pending a future extension to the Natick Center MBTA Station. The Town will be working with MassDOT and the MBTA on planning for a connection from Mechanic Street to the new Natick Center MBTA Station, to be constructed after the MBTA Station is completed.
- On July 19, 2019, MassDOT held a groundbreaking ceremony for the Natick CRT project and to announce the final State Bicycle and Pedestrian Transportation Plans. See MassDOT blog.
- Signs and barriers are in place to alert the public.
- Public access is prohibited from Willow Street to the Natick Center MBTA Station.
- A construction contract has been awarded by MassDOT to MAS Building and Bridge, and they along with several subcontractors have begun work.
- All work will be conducted within the right of way owned by the Town, or on land subject to easements and access agreements.
- Construction is underway, and is scheduled to be completed by early 2021.
- Construction is funded with 80% federal and 20% state funding.
- The Town of Natick acquired the right of way from CSX Transportation in 2016, and temporary and permanent easements were acquired in 2018.
- The Town will be developing maintenance, oversight, safety and parking plans prior to the completion of construction.
- Contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.