Notice of Building Department Fee Increase
Effective August 1, 2023
Per the Town of Natick By-Laws, Article 72, Building Regulations, Section 3, Fees, the Building Commissioner presented a proposed fee schedule to the Natick Select Board Wednesday, July 12, 2023, at 7:00pm. The Select Board approved the fee schedule.
The Natick Building Department follows the 2021 STRETCH Code.
The Building Inspectors' responsibilities include:
- The construction, reconstruction, alteration, repair, demolition, removal, inspection, issuance and revocation of permits, classification and definition of any buildings or structures and use of occupancy of all buildings and structures.
- The inspection of wood stoves, fences, signs and pools.
- The standards or requirements for materials to be used in connection including provisions for safety, ingress and egress, energy conservation, sanitary conditions and fire safety.
- The establishment of reasonable fees for inspections
- The certification of inspections of buildings, schools, daycare, restaurants, multi-family and all public buildings.
- Enforcement and administration of the Natick Zoning Bylaws.
- Intensity Regulation Chart- Includes Minimum Lot Dimensions and Setbacks
- Workers Compensation Insurance Affidavit (Fillable PDF)
- Energy Conservation Application Form (PDF)
- Woodstove Installation Checklist (PDF)
- Commercial and New Construction Tenant Fit Up Procedures (PDF)
- Visitability Standards (PDF)
- Table 110 Schedule for Periodic Inspection of Existing Buildings
- Finding and Closing Online Permits Guide (PDF)
- Zoning Chart (Fillable PDF)
- Final Cost of Construction Document (Fillable PDF)
- DECK GUIDE EXAMPLE PLAN WITH CODES
- Guide to Finding Plot Plans Using Massachusetts Land Records
- Fences, Sheds and Accessory Structures Guide.docx