Small Business Energy Efficiency Program
The Town of Natick is eager to help small businesses reduce their energy use and save money.
In 2022, Natick is collaborating with Eversource, our local Mass Save Sponsor, to bring energy savings to small businesses as a part of the Community First Partnership.
During the month of September 2022, Eversource will provide Natick and Framingham-based small businesses with increased Mass Save incentives for weatherization and energy-efficient equipment. Eversource will pay up to 90% of the costs of approved energy efficiency upgrades, such as programmable thermostats, pipe and duct insulation, refrigeration controls, and more.
There are incentives available for businesses that own or rent their space.
Businesses served by Eversource with an average monthly demand less than 300 kilowatts are invited to participate. An eligible customer’s electric bill is usually less than $2,000 per month.
How Does it Work?
Identifying your business’s energy-saving opportunities is the first step to participating. The Town of Natick encourages you to schedule a no-cost, no obligation energy assessment with AECOM, Eversource’s small business contractor. Here's how it works:
- AECOM audits your facility free of charge, and provides you with a written proposal detailing the recommended energy-efficient improvements.
- Eversource reviews the proposal to ensure that the proposed project is cost-effective and appropriate for your facility.
- Eversource will pay for up to 90% of costs of implementing the identified energy-efficient measures.
- Your business is provided with the opportunity to qualify for interest-free financing.
- The qualified energy contractor installs the measures and provides warranty service.
- Eversource inspects the project to verify the equipment was installed and is working, and that the job was done to your satisfaction.
Schedule an Energy Audit for Your Business
A team from Eversource and AECOM, the energy auditor selected for Natick, will be in the area and calling on businesses the week of September 12, 2022 to provide the no-cost analysis. To schedule a visit in advance, please call or email IreneIrene Petruzzelli, Natick's AECOM Small Business Energy Efficiency representative at 617-371-4512 or email@example.com.
For additional details about the Eversource Small Business Program, please visit Eversource's website. Natick's Sustainability Director, Jillian Wilson Martin, is also happy to help answer your questions. You can contact her at 508-647-6555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.