- Installing solar capacity on local facilities
- Hosting a community group-purchase solar program (Solarize Mass Natick)
- Publishing a solar permit checklist
- Eliminating excess inspections for solar
- Providing clear guidance for solar PV in historic districts
- Advocating for solar customers in state-level conversations
In May 2017, Natick received SolSmart Bronze Designation and was awarded 285 points for its actions to-date. However, our ultimate goal is to achieve SolSmart Gold Certification – the highest level possible – as a signal to renewable energy companies that we are “open for business.” To reach this designation, the Town will be proposing changes to zoning bylaws to clarify solar development rights and restrictions, drafting considerations for active and passive solar in development regulations, and reviewing our solar permit fee structure to ensure it aligns with national best practices.