Small Business Energy Efficiency Program
The 1,073 Natick-based small businesses participating in Natick's electricity aggregation consumed 26,687,172 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity in 2017 – resulting in a total cost of approximately $2.7 million.
To help reduce these costs, the Town of Natick is working with Eversource, the public gas and electric utility serving our community, to promote its Small Business Energy Solutions program. This program, which is part of the Mass Save family of programs mandated by the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities, provides small businesses with turnkey services to assess and reduce energy costs.
Businesses served by Eversource with an average monthly demand less than 300 kilowatts are invited to participate. An eligible customer’s bill is usually less than $2,000 per month.
How Does it Work?
The program replaces working, but inefficient lighting, HVAC, refrigeration and other equipment, and can help your business boost efficiency and save energy and money. Here's how it works:
- A qualified energy contractor audits your facility free of charge, and provides you with a written proposal detailing the recommended energy-efficient improvements.
- Eversource reviews the proposal to ensure that the proposed project is cost-effective and appropriate for your facility.
- Eversource provides significant incentives toward the installation of identified energy-efficient measures.
- Your business is provided with the opportunity to qualify for interest-free financing.
- The qualified energy contractor installs the measures, disposes of your old lamps and ballasts, and provides warranty service.
- Eversource inspects the project to verify the equipment was installed and is working, and that the job was done to your satisfaction.
Schedule an Energy Audit for Your Business
A team from Eversource and AECOM, the energy auditor selected for Natick, will be in the area and calling on businesses on Tuesday, June 12 through Thursday, June 14 to provide the no-cost analysis. To schedule a visit in advance, please call them at 617-371-4512.
Over the next three years, our goal is to get 500 small businesses to participate in the Eversource Small Business Program and to reduce small business energy usage by 20%.
For additional details about the Eversource Small Business Program, please visit Eversource's website.